39:07.877N 39:03.463W alle 22:00 (23:00 UTC) del 27
Coming next, a short synopsis of the day, from the daily
- An enormous 300 meters tanker was coming straight at
us this morning. When questioned, a friendly voice assured us that his ship
would not, in fact, destroy us completely.
- More astronomical navigation made by future golden
globe race contender Alessandro. His observations of the sun with the sextant
give a rather precise estimated position.
- A private spectacle of whale jumps, getting high into
the air and falling down with a splash on their backs.
- The gennaker halyard decided to not hold the gennaker
anymore, letting it fall down in the water. The quick reaction from everyone was
needed to pull it on board and haul it back up with another
- More whales, passing left and right peacefully.
Recently, we have seen a big number of them, around 10 per day. The
dolphins are also present in great numbers on the daily, sometimes even
competing with the whales for our attention.