Terms and Conditions
World Cruising Club Limited Website Terms and Conditions
Last Updated 01/06/2018
1. Age Requirement:
2. The accuracy of the information you provide:
- You must be at least 18 years old to use our Services.
- By registering for our Websites or Services, you are guaranteeing that all of the information you provide is accurate.
- You agree to not to select as your username:
- A false name
- The name of another person
- A name subject to the rights of a person other than you
- A name that is otherwise vulgar, obscene or offensive.
3. Use of content:
- You agree to use your real, legal and full name when you register,
- You must also notify us before registering multiple accounts to prevent being flagged for abuse.
4. As conditions of use of our Services:
- We are not and cannot be held responsible for the Content you create or access elsewhere while using our Services.
- Be mindful how you use our Services. If you are breaking laws, being obscene, or abusing our infrastructure, we have the right to stop you from doing these things.
- It is up to you to use caution when visiting any third-party resources we may link to outside of our Websites. They are outside of our control, and we cannot be responsible for any content or actions that result from their use.
- You may not use the Services to obtain information about or make decisions about anyone but yourself.
- You and you alone are responsible for any reliance by you on the Services or other use you make of the Services.
- Companies may be listed on our Services or advertise through our Services. This should not be considered an endorsement nor a recommendation by us, nor a sponsorship of us by them unless otherwise noted. We are not responsible for any outcomes, positive or negative, you may have with such businesses.
- Individuals and companies may list various items for rent or sale on or through our Services. We make no warranty or guarantees of the accuracy of such listings. We are not responsible for any outcomes, positive or negative, you may have with such listings.
- You accept responsibility for the acts of others using your account to access our Services as we cannot tell your actions from another’s using your account.
- You agree that all Content you access by using our Services is at your own risk and you alone are responsible for any damage or loss to you.
- You accept and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy of Content you access on or through the Services.
- You agree that you will not contribute Content, in any way, on or through our Services that
5. Payments and Promotional Credits:
- Is unlawful
- Is threatening, abusive or harassing,
- Is defamatory, libelous, deceptive or fraudulent
- Is invasive of another's privacy
- Is tortious
- Is offensive, profane, contains or depicts pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion,
- That you know is misleading, untruthful, false, or inaccurate
- That constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising
- That impersonates any person or entity
- That impersonates any of our employees or representatives
- That includes anyone's identification documents, personal information or sensitive financial information.
Just like you the customer, we as a company have rights:
- For those Services that require payment we currently accept payments only by PayPal, major credit and debit cards or, in some cases bank transfer.
- If you have received promotional credit for use purchasing Services on our site, you must redeem it within 6 months of the date it was issued, unless otherwise indicated. All other credit will remain on your account as long as you're active in a given 6 month period.
- We have no special relationship with you.
- We have no fiduciary duty to you.
- You agree that we have no duty to take any action regarding:
- Which Subscribers gain access to the Services
- What Content you access via the Services
- How you may use or interpret the Content
4. The Services may contain Content provided by us, our partners or our users.
- Such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, service marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws.
- Trademarks used on this Website or associated Services are the property of their respective owners
5. You shall not:
- Take any action that may or does impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonably large load on our (or our third party providers') infrastructure
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services
- Bypass or attempt to bypass any measures we may use to restrict or prevent access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services)
- Add "spam" on the Services
- Use automated or manual software, devices, or other means to "spider" or "crawl" any page of the Websites
- Harvest or scrape any Content from the Services
- Use the Services for high-risk activities including but not limited to any use where the failure of service could lead to personal injury, death or environmental damage
- Otherwise, take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
6. You shall not:
- Decipher, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to obtain or derive any source code or underlying algorithms or ideas of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except for when, where and how applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction
- Modify, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services without express permission
- Rights to Content:
- By submitting any User Content to the Websites or Services, with the exception of privately transmitted or Personal Content, you hereby do grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and otherwise fully use such User Content in connection with the Websites, Services and our businesses in any media formats and through any media channels, third party websites and feeds, or technology now known or later developed and including after your termination of your Account or the Services.
- You also grant each user of the Websites or the Services a perpetual, non-exclusive license to access any of your User Content that is available to the user on the Websites for as long as the Content is on the Websites or Services
- By submitting any User Content to the Services other than on the Websites, you hereby do grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and otherwise fully use such User Content solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
- The licenses you grant to us and our users do not affect your other ownership or license rights to your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- You guarantee that you have the rights to grant licenses to the User Content you contribute to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation
- Any privacy rights
- Publicity rights
- Copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
6. Comments, suggestions or other materials sent or transmitted to us (collectively "Feedback"), shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
7. We reserve the right to use or publish any responses, questions or comments you email to us for promotional or other purposes without any further permission, notice or payment of any kind to you. All such submissions will be the property of World Cruising Club Limited.
8. All website, app or service design, text, graphics or any other Content are the Copyright 2006 to present, World Cruising Club Limited, its subsidiaries or agents.
- Beta Access:
- From time to time we may let you try new experimental features (aka Beta Services), but these are provided "as-is" and without warranty.
- Choice of Law
- In using the Services, you must comply with, and refrain from violations of, any right of any other person, entity, law, or contractual duty, including without limitation the laws of England, and including without limitation those laws forbidding
- Distribution of child pornography
- Forgery or Identity theft
- Misdirection or interference with electronic communications
- Invasion of privacy
- Unlawful sending of commercial or non-commercial electronic messages or communications
- Collection of excessive user data from children, or other improper data collection activities
- Securities violations, wire fraud or money laundering
- Terrorist activities
- False advertising
- Propagating or profiting from frauds and unfair schemes
- Termination of account:
- You are free to terminate your account without reason at any time.
- The news, updates and features that appear on the Websites or Services may be prepared by independent journalists, members of the public or other third parties and do not necessarily represent the views of World Cruising Club Limited or its subsidiaries. World Cruising Club Limited accepts no responsibility for the news, features or other Content on or delivered through the Websites or Services nor the opinions expressed therein.
- Feedback, comments and complaints
- Should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org