When you sign up for one of our Services, we will first ask for your First and Last name and email address so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you updates, or other important information.
Some Services you sign-up for may require other personal and non-personal information needed to deliver or provide the Service. For example, to sail in a rally your nationality and information about your boat will be needed.
There may also be other personal and non-personal information you can choose to provide to increase the value you receive from the Services.
While using the Services, you may also choose to add or share things like comments, reports, reviews, ratings, forum posts, photos and other content intended to be seen by the Community.
When you call, email or message us, we will keep a record of that for future reference. When you visit the pages of our website, we will track that to make our Services better for you. For example, conversion rates and to test new designs. We also store any information you choose to share, like surveys or feedback, for as long as it makes sense.
Membership of www.worldcruising.com and participation in our rallies is restricted to those aged 18 years and above, unless participating under the direction of a parent or guardian. Information relating to age, nationality, address and emergency contacts is stored for under 18’s, but may only be added to our database by a parent or guardian.
Membership of www.oceancrewlink.com is restricted to those aged 18 years or above.
Use of www.noonsite.com is restricted to those aged 13 years or above, in line with industry standards for social media.
We will never sell your personal identifying information to third-parties.
We will only ever share your information:
- If you have asked or given consent to us to share that information.
- To the Services you have requested, with your permission. See this list of third-party services we use below.
- To investigate, prevent, or take actions regarding suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service, or as required by law.
- If required by authorized governmental and law enforcement agencies, to facilitate cross border movements for rallies; or if appropriately requested by such agencies under UK Data Protection Laws.
You may choose to link a third-party account to our Services, for example, using your Facebook ID to login to one of our websites. If you do, we will receive data about that account to allow the link.How we use information
We use information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
Processors we use
- To provide and operate our Services
- To improve and personalize our Services
- To understand how you use our Services
- To develop new products, services and features
- To communicate with you to inform or update you about our Services or your use of our Services.
- For marketing or promotional purposes, or customer support
- To process your purchases and transactions
- To send you SMS or push notifications
- To find and prevent fraud
- For other legally required purposes
As part of the Services we provide we may use third-party processors for some or all of your personal information. For a list of these processors, and where they are located, please see our Subprocessor
These companies are authorized to use your information only as needed to provide these services to us.Data Retention
We keep the personal information we collect when we have a legitimate business need to do so. For example to comply with legal, tax or accounting needs or to provide you with a service you have requested.
When we no longer have a legitimate business need to keep your personal information we will either delete or anonymize it.Deleted data
If you delete anything from your account, or the account itself, it will be removed from our servers and systems within 30 days except where it conflicts with our Data Retention policy.
If you delete your account, it may prevent you from using some Services that require an active account. Deletion of data may require we stop providing some Services to you if the Services rely on that data. Location of Site and Data
The Services are operated in the United Kingdom. If you are not in the United Kingdom, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be sent to the United Kingdom.
Some of the subprocessors we work with are located in other countries, for example, the United States. Please be aware that your data may be sent to these subprocessors to deliver our services to you.
You consent to this by using our Services or providing us with your information.Cookies and other tracking technology
GDPR gives you rights about your personal information collected by us on the Services. The rights under GDPR include:
You have the right to know the personal information we collect about you, and your right to know about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- You have the right to ask for correction of your personal information.
- You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information, also known as the “Right to be forgotten”. Please note this may prevent you from using some of the Services and may result in closing your account.
- You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with relevant authorities.
- You have the right to ask for restrictions on how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- You have the right to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- You have the right to be given the personal information we have about you and your right to give or share it with another party.
- You have the right to refuse and prevent any decision being made solely based on automated processes that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you.
- This right is limited if the decision is:
- Needed for the performance of any contract between you and us
- Is allowed by European law or United Kingdom law.
- Is based on your explicit consent.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing messages we send you. You can opt-out using the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” links in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Please be aware that opting-out of marketing may limit or restrict your access to Services that depend on it.
- Please also be aware that even after you opt-out of promotional or marketing emails we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related or similar purposes.
Many of these rights can be used by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
World Cruising Club Ltd Subprocessors
World Cruising Club Ltd uses third party subprocessors, such as cloud computing providers and payment processing providers to facilitate your use of the WCC Services
List of Subprocessors:
• Google Analytics. Web analytics service
• SendGrid. Email services
• Constant Contact. Email Services
• Campaign Monitor. Email Services
• Digital Ocean. Cloud Services
• Netguides. Cloud Services
• Codeguard. Data backup
• Cloudflare. Security, Bandwidth Efficiency and DNS services
• WorldPay. Payment Processor
• ProPay. Payment Processor
• Stripe. Payment Processor
• PayPal. Payment Processor
• Amazon Web Services. Cloud Services
• Oauth providers: (Oauth allows linking your WCC Services account(s) with the Oauth provider(s) of your choice to facilitate one click logins to WCC Services using the Oauth provided credentials:
◦ Facebook. Social Media
◦ Google. Webservices
◦ Yahoo. Webservices
◦ AOL. Webservices
◦ OpenID . Webservices
• Software and Website Developers and Contractors