OCEAN CRUISING SEMINAR
Friday 31 March to Sunday 02 April 2017
Holiday Inn, Guildford, UK
in association with
The three day Ocean Cruising Seminar will take place from 1:15pm on Friday 31 March to 3pm on Sunday 02 April 2017. It covers a variety of subjects associated with the planning and preparation required for an Atlantic crossing or round the world voyage. Lecturers have been chosen for their wealth of knowledge in their specialist fields.
Special emphasis will be on the ARC and World ARC and what to expect in terms of weather and equipment issues, but anyone planning an ocean passage is most welcome.
A number of the lecturers have sailed in the rallies and will draw on their experience from their participation in the event.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW!
Subjects to be covered include:
- Offshore communications equipment update
- SSB Installation and usage
- Communications and position reporting
- Rigging preparation and maintenance
- Sail choice for offshore cruisers
- On board safety equipment; choosing and using
- Power management and generation
- Choosing and running a watermaker
- Wind self-steering systems explained
- First aid at sea; techniques and medical supplies
- Refitting for the Atlantic circuit
- Spares and maintenance on board
- Provisioning for offshore cruising
- Watch keeping and at sea routines
- Weather Forecasts - sources & interpretation
- Women's networking group
The seminar will be held in the Holiday Inn in Guildford, conveniently situated on the A3. For those arriving by train the main station is close by and well served by buses and taxis. Heathrow and Gatwick airports are approximately 30 minutes away.
One of the additional benefits of the seminar is to meet fellow delegates, many of whom have similar sailing ambitions and plans. Dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings help delegates to meet one another.
Dates: Friday 31/03 to Sunday 02/04 2017
Timings: Starts at 1315 on Friday and finishes at 1500 on Sunday
Location: Holiday Inn, Guildford. Close to A3 and rail station. 25 miles from Heathrow and Gatwick airports
Cost: £575 for 1 person with hotel package.
£375 for 2nd person (based on shared room, booked together)
£425 for 1 person, no accommodation
There will be a £25 early payment discount for all bookings made before 30 September 2016. Bookings made after 01 March 2017 cannot be guaranteed accommodation.
Guest rates available for spouses not attending the seminars. Full terms and conditions are available on the booking website.
Comments from Ocean Sailing Seminar participants: