can we help
+44(0)1983 296060
+1 757-788-8872
tell me moreJoin a rally


Epiphany - Day 11

Today it is blowing. The forecast was good, 18kts gusting 20kts. Well it’s 25kts gusting 30kts. Thankfully we good the main sail in safely and so now running downing on just the Genoa. There is also quite a big sea running behind us, even had one wave over the stern. Almost got us all soaked. Anyway we are fine and moving a long nicely.

Which is good because soon the wind will die and we will be back to motoring. We have about 70 hours of diesel left and depending when the wind dies 50-70hours of distance left. So we are trying to sail as far as possible before this wind goes. As a result we now run directly E as it looks like the wind lasts a bit longer out there. The target is to try and sail till tomorrow evening or 34.00deg W. Then we can motor from there without too much worry. At the moment of course we are fine, blowing 26kts, but have to see what tonight brings.

Previous | Next