World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise

Jurgen Puype
Belgium
- all messages by user

01/06/2016 08:44:09
Grenada to Bermuda to Falmouth I have been asked to help sail back a Dufour Sortilege (41' Ketch) from Grenada to Belgium, and have been given the task to plan this as well
After consulting the bible (Jimmy's World Cruising Routes) I'm inclided to sail her directly from Bermuda to Falmouth leaving next May ('17), going north to catch the Westerlies and hope to keep those while surfing the Gulf Stream.

First of all I was wondering if any member have done this and care to share their experience and could help me set the timetable (my initial estimate would be 3 to 4 weeks) ?

Secondly, this leaves me quite some time to get used to the boat, outfit her and get her to Bermuda. The bible states mid-April at perfect time for the leg from the Lesser Antilles to Bermuda. I was wondering is there is any margin there, as it would be nice to be able to sail to Bermuda and have some time there to stretch our legs and resupply before pushing to Europe.

Also any suggestion on where one could outfit the boat in the West-Indies for the transatlantic passage?

Sincerely,

Jurgen
pages: 1

New kit from Raymarine
ST70+ extra-large remote-control colour instruments & pilot displays
raymarine.co.uk

Mactra Marine Equipment
Exclusive UK distributor for Schenker and Katadyn watermakers
www.mactrashop.co.uk

Site By Netguides