World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » Australia (Bundaberg) to Indonesia via eastern PNG

Please login to create a post.
05/06/2016 04:14:04

Jessica Lloyd-Mostyn<br>United Kingdom
Jessica Lloyd-Mostyn
United Kingdom

Hello,

We're planning on spending next cyclone season in Australia's Whitsunday islands and the southern Great Barrier reef, having sailed over from Vanuatu and New Caledonia this year. Our onward sailing plan is to leave Aus from Bundaberg in 2017 and sail north to PNG's Louisiades and to enter Indonesia from over the top of PNG so that we can explore Raja Ampat easily.

My plan is that we'd want to leave Aus in May (once cyclone season is over) which I suppose would see us arriving into Indonesia in June / July. Is this a good time of year for this part of PNG and Indonesia weather-wise? Or will be be burning a lot of diesel to get anywhere?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated - Jess
14/10/2016 21:59:24

Richard Houghton<br>United Kingdom
Richard Houghton
United Kingdom

Dear Jessica

How did you get on with your trip ?

The reason I ask is because we are currently in the Whitsundays and looking to go along the same route that you undertook to the Louisiades and then onto Indonesia. If you did the trip and have any advice or recommendation I would be delighted to hear them.
Many thanks

Richard
edited by Richard Houghton
United Kingdom on 14/10/2016
edited by Richard Houghton
United Kingdom on 14/10/2016

Home » Weather and Routing » Australia (Bundaberg) to Indonesia via eastern PNG

Imray charts and books
Buy charts, books and software. Download corrections and supplements
www.imray.com

Wind & Solar Charging!
Rutland Windchargers & SunWare solar panels for on board power