World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » entering Morocco with a Delaware (USA) registered

Please login to create a post.
11/04/2015 11:15:37

Ehud Rahat<br>Israel
Ehud Rahat
Israel

Hi there,
I have a Delaware (USA) registered boat which wintered in Spain, and I need to take it out of Europe for avoiding the VAT payment. I think of sailing it to Morocco and staying there (in Marina Smir, to be exact) for a few days.

Does anyone know whether there is any problem- legal or practical- entering Morocco with an American flag?

If there is a problem- is Gibraltar an alternative?

And more generally- has anyone done this and did it actually work with the Europeans? Any other comments on this problem and my proposed solution to it?

Many thanks,

Udi
13/04/2015 13:03:46

Sue Richards<br>United Kingdom
Sue Richards
United Kingdom

Hi Udi, thanks for posting your message. Whilst it's not really related to the forum topic (weather and routing), it is a commonly asked question by non-EU noonsite users, so I'll leave it up. For all the info. you need, look at the EU page on noonsite - http://www.noonsite.com/General/EuropeanUnion Near the bottom of the page are a list of reports, one of which by some Canadian cruisers who have spent many years in and around the Med. Their experience will be a useful read for you and should help you work out the best place to re-set the clock. E-mail noonsite (noonsite@noonsite.com) if you need further assistance.
edited by Martine Waitt
United Kingdom
Admin Test Boat on 13/04/2015

Home » Weather and Routing » entering Morocco with a Delaware (USA) registered

Imray charts and books
Buy charts, books and software. Download corrections and supplements
www.imray.com

Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium or Inmarsat FB250. Full aftersales support. Shipped next day
www.mailasail.com

Site By Netguides