World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » entering Morocco with a Delaware (USA) registered

Please login to create a post.
11/04/2015 11:15:37

Ehud Rahat<br>Israel
Ehud Rahat
Israel

Hi there,
I have a Delaware (USA) registered boat which wintered in Spain, and I need to take it out of Europe for avoiding the VAT payment. I think of sailing it to Morocco and staying there (in Marina Smir, to be exact) for a few days.

Does anyone know whether there is any problem- legal or practical- entering Morocco with an American flag?

If there is a problem- is Gibraltar an alternative?

And more generally- has anyone done this and did it actually work with the Europeans? Any other comments on this problem and my proposed solution to it?

Many thanks,

Udi
13/04/2015 13:03:46

Sue Richards<br>United Kingdom
Sue Richards
United Kingdom

Hi Udi, thanks for posting your message. Whilst it's not really related to the forum topic (weather and routing), it is a commonly asked question by non-EU noonsite users, so I'll leave it up. For all the info. you need, look at the EU page on noonsite - http://www.noonsite.com/General/EuropeanUnion Near the bottom of the page are a list of reports, one of which by some Canadian cruisers who have spent many years in and around the Med. Their experience will be a useful read for you and should help you work out the best place to re-set the clock. E-mail noonsite (noonsite@noonsite.com) if you need further assistance.
edited by Martine Waitt
United Kingdom
Admin Test Boat on 13/04/2015

Home » Weather and Routing » entering Morocco with a Delaware (USA) registered

Wind & Solar Charging!
Rutland Windchargers & SunWare solar panels for on board power
www.marlec.co.uk

Ocean-Pro Weather
Advanced Offshore Weather Routing, Consulting & Resources
www.ocean-pro.com

Site By Netguides