World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » pacific crossing. Japan, Guam, Hawaii

Please login to create a post.
28/12/2014 01:36:51

Joanne Richardson<br>Thailand
Joanne Richardson
Thailand

HI, I am after any advise on the best time to make this crossing. I was considering crossing from Japan Canada via the Aleutian's but now think a warmer and perhaps easier crossing would be via Guam and Hawaii. Any advise is appreciated
Thanking you

Joanne
06/01/2015 00:26:02

Jim Davis<br>United States
Jim Davis
United States

Well, just off hand, I would say that going to the Aleutians is not for the faint of heart! For an experienced sailor and a good boat, it might be an interesting challenge-- chilly and stormy at the best of times, freezing and tempestuous at the worst. But I'll let experienced people give you their opinion.
06/01/2015 00:38:48

Joanne Richardson<br>Thailand
Joanne Richardson
Thailand

Yes, agree Jim, we do have very good boat however, this is why I am considering from Japan to Guam across to Hawaii. I would like to visit Japan so looking for suggested routes from there to US/Canada

quote=Jim Davis
United States]Well, just off hand, I would say that going to the Aleutians is not for the faint of heart! For an experienced sailor and a good boat, it might be an interesting challenge-- chilly and stormy at the best of times, freezing and tempestuous at the worst. But I'll let experienced people give you their opinion.

Home » Weather and Routing » pacific crossing. Japan, Guam, Hawaii

Wind & Solar Charging!
Rutland Windchargers & SunWare solar panels for on board power
www.marlec.co.uk

Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium or Inmarsat FB250. Full aftersales support. Shipped next day
www.mailasail.com

Site By Netguides