World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » pacific crossing. Japan, Guam, Hawaii

Please login to create a post.
28/12/2014 01:36:51

Joanne Richardson<br>Thailand
Joanne Richardson
Thailand

HI, I am after any advise on the best time to make this crossing. I was considering crossing from Japan Canada via the Aleutian's but now think a warmer and perhaps easier crossing would be via Guam and Hawaii. Any advise is appreciated
Thanking you

Joanne
06/01/2015 00:26:02

Jim Davis<br>United States
Jim Davis
United States

Well, just off hand, I would say that going to the Aleutians is not for the faint of heart! For an experienced sailor and a good boat, it might be an interesting challenge-- chilly and stormy at the best of times, freezing and tempestuous at the worst. But I'll let experienced people give you their opinion.
06/01/2015 00:38:48

Joanne Richardson<br>Thailand
Joanne Richardson
Thailand

Yes, agree Jim, we do have very good boat however, this is why I am considering from Japan to Guam across to Hawaii. I would like to visit Japan so looking for suggested routes from there to US/Canada

quote=Jim Davis
United States]Well, just off hand, I would say that going to the Aleutians is not for the faint of heart! For an experienced sailor and a good boat, it might be an interesting challenge-- chilly and stormy at the best of times, freezing and tempestuous at the worst. But I'll let experienced people give you their opinion.

Home » Weather and Routing » pacific crossing. Japan, Guam, Hawaii

Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium or Inmarsat FB250. Full aftersales support. Shipped next day
www.mailasail.com

Imray charts and books
Buy charts, books and software. Download corrections and supplements
www.imray.com

Site By Netguides