World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » tide & current forcasts in the Aleutians, Alaska

Please login to create a post.
17/07/2014 03:04:54

Pete Cadmus<br>United States
Pete Cadmus
United States

I give up. Can someone point me to current and tide forecasts for these Aleutian island passes:
-Amukta Pass AKA 72nd pass AKA 172deg pass (between Segam and Amukta)
-Pass from Yanaska and Amukta
-Pass from Yanaska and Herbert
-Pass from Herbert and Chuginadak/Carlisle
-Pass from Chuginadak/Carlisle and Umnak
This is my typical source:

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaacurrents/Stations?g=693
and
http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/currents14/tab2pc4.html#47
and it is missing any forecasts from 166degW to 177DegW.
edited by Pete Cadmus
United States on 17/07/2014
edited by Pete Cadmus
United States on 17/07/2014
11/08/2014 02:24:19

Rich Courtney<br>United States
Rich Courtney
United States

Hi Pete:

My name is Rich Courtney and I live in Kodiak, Alaska. Are you still in need of the Aleutian tidal information?
11/08/2014 02:33:35

Pete Cadmus
United States

Thanks so much for the response. I was routing my brother. He is well past it now. Thanks the the response.

But this forum is so much more than response to individual questions. If you post a local's perspective of where to get good tidal current info for the Aleutians, I am sure it will be read and appreciated by others in the he years to come. I know i will read up on it.

thanks.
11/08/2014 02:37:22

Rich Courtney
United States

Pete No worries.......I saw your post and thought I'd ask. I help folks with weather needs as they sail up here in high latitudes. Most often the sailing community I assist them with jumping from Japan to the Aleutians and East to Kodiak. I have a couple of sites I'll post them later.......
11/08/2014 04:15:45

Pete Cadmus
United States

I can not wait to see the sites and read whatever advice you have.
My brother is nearing Sitkinak Strait and Sitkalidak Strait, and will be requesting that info soon. But the passes that prompted this thread seemed to have very little info available. surely someone else out there found that frustrating.
26/11/2014 00:54:00

Joanne Richardson<br>Thailand
Joanne Richardson
Thailand

Hi Rich, we are also planning a passage from leaving Japan to Alaska I would also appreciate any information you have and recommendations for passage planning. Best time to travel. Etc.
Thanks. Joanne
27/11/2014 15:00:49

Rich Courtney
United States

Joanne Richardson
Thailand
wrote:
Hi Rich, we are also planning a passage from leaving Japan to Alaska I would also appreciate any information you have and recommendations for passage planning. Best time to travel. Etc.
Thanks. Joanne
27/11/2014 15:09:31

Rich Courtney
United States

Hi Joanne:

The best time for leaving Japan for the Aleutians is in mid May through Late June. This will change a little each year depending on the fronts that come off the coast of Japan and if there are any early typhoons. Some folks make it strait shot with hardly any weather, others get into some weather that makes life interesting. At any rate, my strongest recommendation is to look for a pair of warm, waterproof and flexible gloves. Often this time of year, the dense fog and drizzle can sap the strength out of your fingers making line and shroud handling a bear of a task.

Home » Weather and Routing » tide & current forcasts in the Aleutians, Alaska

Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium or Inmarsat FB250. Full aftersales support. Shipped next day
www.mailasail.com

Imray charts and books
Buy charts, books and software. Download corrections and supplements
www.imray.com

Site By Netguides