World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Weather and Routing » Tracks of Cruising Yachts from around the World

Please login to create a post.
22/11/2011 15:19:43

John Kirkus<br>Finland
John Kirkus
Finland

I have recently published a Track Library containing tracks of cruising yachts worldwide. At present it contains about 130 tracks in GPX, PTF and KML formats. I should be really grateful if anyone has tracks that they have recorded, which they would be prepared to let me add to the Library. If you would like to see how the Library works it lives at http://www.bluesipp.blogspot.com/
. Tracks in the library are freely available to all and my hope is that they will be a help in cruise and voyage planning. At present there are many interesting Pacific anchorages but also anchorages in The Maldives, Chagos, Seychelles, Madagascar, Mozambique and South Africa. But I should dearly love to be able to offer more!
John Kirkus
edited by John Kirkus
Finland on 22/11/2011

One year on the library has over 1,200 tracks into anchorages worldwide - plus many many reef passages, harbours and marinas. All tracks can be viewed on Google Earth (Now all in the much more compact KMZ format) and are also available as GPX and PTF files.
Any more contributions would be very welcome indeed.
John
edited by John Kirkus
Finland on 15/01/2013
edited by John Kirkus
Finland on 27/11/2013

Now we have reached our second birthday and passed our 10,000th visitor which is way ahead of anything I had hoped for!
But more tracks are still needed. If you have tracks to share please let me know. From anywhere in the world, however short or long, and in whatever file format - mobile phones are becoming an excellent tool for saving tracks. Even if the Library already has similar tracks, yours will help add confidence for other boats planning their voyages.
You can check the Library's present coverage here
edited by John Kirkus
Finland on 27/11/2013
15/12/2011 10:32:35

Rob van Olmen<br>Netherlands
Rob van Olmen
Netherlands

The website of sv Ocelot provides very valuable info for SE asian waters:
http://svocelot.com/Cruise_Info/Indian/Malaysia_Cruising.htm#Kukup

--
Rob van Olmen
s/y Stamper
01/12/2013 07:24:58

John Kirkus<br>Finland
John Kirkus
Finland

For those arriving in the Caribbean and planning futher adventures Bluesipp's Library could well help. And if you have the chance to contribute tracks they would of course be most welcome!!

Home » Weather and Routing » Tracks of Cruising Yachts from around the World

Iridium Satellite Phones
Iridium or Inmarsat FB250. Full aftersales support. Shipped next day
www.mailasail.com

Wind & Solar Charging!
Rutland Windchargers & SunWare solar panels for on board power
www.marlec.co.uk

Site By Netguides