World Cruising Club noonsite.com Members Area Forum ARC Rally Portugal ARC Europe World ARC Classic Malts Cruise

Jessica Stoddard
United States
- all messages by user

17/05/2012 04:11:33
US to Red Sea - do-able Dec-May? Hi. We are in the very early stages of route planning a circumnavigation - departing from the west coast of the US. While we would love to linger in the South Pacific and the Indian Ocean, we have a dog, and I know that most countries in that region do not permit them to leave the boat. So -- our goal is get from the US to the mediterranean as quickly as possible. (and then linger in Europe and the Carribbean, Panama, etc.)

Ideally we wanted to leave in the beginning of December and reach the Red Sea before the SW monsoon begins in late May (June?). (yes, I know this might be impossible... but thought it was worth asking.)

Is it possible to cover this leg of the trip in less than 6 months? I've scoured Jimmy Cornell's World Cruising Routes and I haven't been able find a route with suitable weather - so not expecting much - but thought I'd ask. We don't want to stop in Australia or NZ. And we're willing to go through the northern pacific islands (marshall islands, guam, phillipines, etc) and skip the south pacific altogether if that were the only option.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
pages: 1

Admiral Yacht Insurance
Yacht insurance for offshore cruising - offers for WCC participants
www.admiralyacht.com

Mactra Marine Equipment
Exclusive UK distributor for Schenker and Katadyn watermakers
www.mactrashop.co.uk

Site By Netguides